Indulge in the refreshing and sparkling flavors of this Watermelon Granita with a twist of champagne. Perfect for a hot summer day or as a delightful dessert for any occasion. This recipe combines the sweetness of ripe watermelon with the delicate bubbles of champagne, creating a delightful treat that will keep you cool and satisfied. With just a handful of ingredients and minimal preparation time, this recipe is easy to make and will impress your guests. Serve it in chilled glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves for an extra touch of elegance.
- 4 cups of cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup of champagne
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- In a blender, puree the watermelon cubes until smooth.
- Pour the watermelon puree into a shallow dish or baking pan.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice to the watermelon puree, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place the dish or pan in the freezer, and let it freeze for 1 hour.
- Using a fork, scrape the partially frozen mixture to break up any ice crystals.
- Return the dish or pan to the freezer, and repeat the scraping process every 30 minutes for about 4 hours, or until the mixture is completely frozen and has a slushy texture.
- When ready to serve, remove the granita from the freezer and scoop it into chilled glasses.
- Pour a splash of champagne over each serving of granita.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the refreshing combination of watermelon and champagne.