Enjoy a healthy and satisfying plant-based alternative to traditional tuna salad with this delicious Tempeh Mock Tuna Salad recipe. Made with marinated tempeh, crunchy vegetables, and a creamy dressing, this salad is perfect for sandwiches, wraps, or as a refreshing side dish. It's quick to prepare and packed with protein, fiber, and nutrients. Whether you're a vegan or simply looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, this recipe is a must-try!
- 8 oz tempeh
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pickled relish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- Tomato slices, for serving
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the tempeh. Cook for 10 minutes to remove any bitterness. Drain and let cool.
- Crumble the cooked tempeh into a bowl using your hands or a fork.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vegan mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, pickled relish, red onion, celery, and dill pickle.
- Add the dressing to the crumbled tempeh and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate the tempeh mock tuna salad for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- To serve, spread the tempeh mock tuna salad onto slices of whole grain bread. Top with lettuce leaves and tomato slices.
- Enjoy your delicious Tempeh Mock Tuna Salad as a sandwich or serve it as a side dish with a fresh green salad.
Tempeh is a traditional Indonesian food made from fermented soybeans.
Tempeh is a great source of plant-based protein and contains all the essential amino acids.
Tempeh is rich in probiotics, which support a healthy gut microbiome.