These Individual Greek Pita Pizzas are the perfect quick and easy meal for busy weeknights. Made with fresh ingredients, they are packed with flavors of the Mediterranean. The combination of tangy feta cheese, juicy tomatoes, and fragrant herbs on a crispy pita crust is simply irresistible. Serve them as a main course or cut into small slices for a tasty appetizer at your next gathering. Get ready to indulge in a delicious taste of Greece right in your own kitchen!
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the pita bread rounds on a baking sheet.
- Spread an even layer of tomato sauce on each pita bread round.
- Sprinkle shredded Mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato sauce.
- Add crumbled feta cheese, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, and red onion on each pita bread round.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil and oregano.
- Drizzle olive oil over the toppings.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Cut each pita pizza into wedges and serve hot.
Pita bread, also known as Arabic bread or Syrian bread, is a staple in Middle Eastern cuisine.
Feta cheese is one of the main ingredients in Greek cuisine and is made from sheep's milk.
The Greek Mediterranean diet is considered one of the healthiest in the world, known for its emphasis on fresh ingredients and olive oil.