Indulge in the creamy and refreshing flavors of almond and strawberry tahini ice cream. With a velvety texture and a rich nutty taste combined with the sweetness of ripe strawberries, this homemade ice cream is the perfect summer treat. It's easy to make and doesn't require an ice cream maker. Serve it in bowls, cones, or as a topping for your favorite desserts.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, heavy cream, tahini, and granulated sugar until well combined and smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract until evenly incorporated.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until chilled.
- Once chilled, pour the mixture into a shallow, freezer-safe container.
- Gently stir in the chopped strawberries, distributing them evenly throughout the mixture.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap or a lid and place it in the freezer.
- Allow the ice cream to freeze for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the container from the freezer and give the mixture a good stir to break up any ice crystals that may have formed.
- Return the container to the freezer and continue freezing for another 2-3 hours, or until the ice cream is firm and scoopable.
- Once the ice cream is fully frozen, remove it from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly before serving.
- Scoop the almond and strawberry tahini ice cream into bowls or onto cones, and enjoy!