Indulge in rich and buttery goodness with these simple shortbread squares. With just a few basic ingredients, these squares are easy to make and perfect for any occasion. The crumbly texture and delectable taste will make them a favorite among family and guests. Serve them as a sweet treat during tea time or bring them to parties as a crowd-pleasing dessert. You'll love how these squares melt in your mouth!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl. Mix until the ingredients are well combined and a soft dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly into the greased baking pan, ensuring it covers the bottom completely.
- Using a fork, prick holes all over the dough, creating a pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the shortbread cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- While still warm, cut the shortbread into squares or desired shapes.
- Allow the squares to cool completely in the pan before serving.