Indulge in the delightful combination of chocolate and orange with these easy-to-make chocolate covered orange balls. With a burst of citrus flavor and a rich chocolate coating, these treats are perfect for any occasion. They make a great addition to holiday platters or can be enjoyed as a sweet treat any time of the year. Get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your friends and family with this delicious recipe.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Additional powdered sugar, for rolling
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in the microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Stir in the orange zest and orange juice until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the crushed vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, and chopped nuts (if using).
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until firm.
- Shape the chilled mixture into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Roll each ball in powdered sugar until evenly coated.
- Place the coated balls on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes to set.
- Enjoy the chocolate covered orange balls immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.