Enjoy a healthy and delicious alternative to regular beef burgers with these spicy turkey burgers. Made with ground turkey and flavorful spices, these burgers are a perfect choice for those looking for a lighter option without compromising on taste. The combination of spices adds a kick of heat that enhances the natural flavors of the turkey, making these burgers a crowd-pleaser. These homemade burgers are easy to make and can be grilled or cooked on a stovetop. Serve them on toasted buns with your favorite toppings for a satisfying and flavorful meal.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices, and mayonnaise for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, chopped onion, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to combine all the ingredients evenly.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape each portion into a patty, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat a grill or stovetop griddle pan over medium-high heat. Lightly grease the grill or pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Place the turkey patties onto the grill or pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the patties from the grill or pan and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Toast the hamburger buns on the grill or in a toaster until lightly golden.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a turkey patty on the bottom half of each bun. Top with lettuce leaves, tomato slices, and a dollop of mayonnaise. Place the top half of the bun over the filling.
- Serve the spicy turkey burgers immediately and enjoy!