This spinach quiche recipe is a delicious and healthy dish perfect for brunch or a light dinner. Made with spinach, eggs, cheese, and a flaky crust, this quiche is satisfying and full of flavor. It is easy to prepare and can be served hot or cold. Whether you are hosting a gathering or simply looking for a nutritious meal idea, this spinach quiche is a tasty option that is sure to impress.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the unbaked pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper, and ground nutmeg.
- Add the cooked spinach mixture to the egg mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the quiche is set and lightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Quiche is a popular dish in American cuisine, often served for brunch or as a light lunch or dinner.
Spinach is packed with nutrients and is a good source of iron, calcium, and vitamins A and C.
Quiche can be enjoyed hot or cold, making it a versatile dish for any occasion.