This peach pie with sour cream is a delectable twist on the classic peach pie. The combination of sweet peaches and tangy sour cream creates a creamy filling that will have you coming back for seconds. The flaky homemade crust adds the perfect finishing touch to this irresistible dessert. Whether you're serving it at a family gathering or enjoying a slice by yourself, this peach pie is sure to be a hit.
- For the crust:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 6-8 tablespoons ice water
- For the peach filling:
- 5 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For the topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt for the crust. Add the cold cubed butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix until the dough comes together. Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sliced peaches, sour cream, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon for the filling. Mix until well combined.
- Roll out one disk of the chilled dough on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9-inch pie dish. Transfer the rolled-out dough to the dish and gently press it into the bottom and sides.
- Pour the peach filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and cold cubed butter for the topping. Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to mix until crumbly. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the peach filling.
- Roll out the second disk of chilled dough and place it over the top of the pie. Trim any excess dough and crimp the edges to seal. Cut several slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes at 425°F (220°C), then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C) and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for at least 1 hour before serving. This will allow the filling to set.
- Serve the peach pie with sour cream at room temperature or chilled for a refreshing dessert.