This meatball casserole is the ultimate comfort food that the whole family will love. It combines juicy meatballs, creamy sauce, flavorful cheese, and tender pasta for a mouthwatering dish. The casserole is easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights or special occasions. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a hearty and delicious meal that will warm your soul.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cooked pasta (such as penne or rigatoni)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, milk, beaten egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Shape the mixture into small meatballs, about 1-inch in diameter. Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the meatballs in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are cooked through and browned.
- In a baking dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce. Place the cooked pasta on top of the sauce.
- Arrange the cooked meatballs on the pasta and pour the remaining marinara sauce over them.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and grated cheddar cheese over the meatballs and sauce.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with additional chopped parsley, if desired.
- Enjoy this cheesy and flavorful meatball casserole with your favorite side salad or garlic bread!
Meatballs are a versatile food that can be made with various types of ground meat, such as beef, pork, chicken, or turkey.
The addition of grated parmesan cheese and fresh parsley in the meatball mixture enhances the flavor and adds a touch of freshness.
Baking the meatballs before adding them to the casserole ensures they are fully cooked and have a nice golden crust.
Using a combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese gives the casserole a gooey and delicious cheesy topping.