This vegan pumpkin oatmeal recipe is a perfect way to start your day with a delicious and nutritious breakfast. Made with rolled oats, pumpkin puree, plant-based milk, and a touch of warming spices, this oatmeal is both filling and flavorful. It's a great option for those following a vegan or plant-based diet, and it's also gluten-free. With a total preparing time of just 15 minutes, you can easily whip up this pumpkin oatmeal in the morning or even prepare it ahead of time for busy mornings. Serve it with your favorite toppings and enjoy a comforting and satisfying breakfast.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plant-based milk (such as almond milk or soy milk)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Toppings of your choice: chopped nuts, dried fruits, coconut flakes, etc.
- In a saucepan, combine the rolled oats and plant-based milk. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice mix, and chia seeds (if using). Stir well to combine.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the oatmeal thickens and reaches your desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for a minute to cool slightly.
- Pour the pumpkin oatmeal into bowls and top with your favorite toppings.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pumpkin is packed with vitamin A, which is important for eye health.
Oats are rich in fiber and can help support healthy digestion.
Chia seeds are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and provide a boost of energy.