Indulge in the creamy goodness of chilled avocado soup, a refreshing and healthy option for hot summer days. Made with ripe avocados, tangy lime juice, refreshing cilantro, and a hint of spice, this soup is a perfect blend of flavors. It is a quick and easy recipe that can be prepared in just a few minutes, making it a great option for weeknight dinners or when you need a light and satisfying meal. Serve it chilled with a dollop of sour cream and some crispy tortilla strips for a delightful dining experience.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: sour cream, chopped cilantro, tortilla strips
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop the avocado flesh into a blender or food processor.
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth, cilantro leaves, lime juice, sour cream, red onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper to the blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the soup to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to chill.
- Before serving, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, chopped cilantro, and tortilla strips, if desired.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Avocados are a good source of healthy fats and are packed with vitamins and minerals.
Chilled avocado soup is a popular dish in Mexican cuisine and is often served as an appetizer or a light meal.
This recipe can easily be modified to be vegan or vegetarian by using vegetable broth and omitting the sour cream garnish.