This bumbleberry crumble is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Made with a combination of fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries, this dessert is bursting with flavor. The sweet and tart berries are topped with a buttery crumble that adds a delightful crunch. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate indulgence. This recipe is simple to make and will impress your family and friends.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Toss gently to coat the berries evenly. Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add the cold cubed butter and use your fingers or a pastry cutter to mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the berry mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the berries are bubbling and the crumble topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the bumbleberry crumble warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The term 'bumbleberry' refers to a combination of berries used in a recipe.
Blackberries are rich in antioxidants and can help boost your immune system.
Raspberries are known for their high fiber content and are great for digestion.