These soft sugar cookies are a delightful treat that is perfect for any occasion. With a melt-in-your-mouth texture and a burst of sweetness, these cookies are loved by kids and adults alike. They are easy to make and require simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Whether you want to enjoy these cookies as a treat for yourself or share them with family and friends, this recipe is sure to impress. So, follow the steps below and indulge in the deliciousness of soft and scrumptious sugar cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar for rolling
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of dough and roll into balls.
- Roll the dough balls in granulated sugar to coat them evenly.
- Place the sugar-coated dough balls on the prepared baking sheets, leaving space for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Enjoy the soft sugar cookies as is, or decorate them with icing and sprinkles for added flair.
Soft sugar cookies are a popular treat during holidays and celebrations.
You can customize these cookies by adding different flavors such as lemon or almond extract.
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.