This recipe for asparagus with cranberries and pine nuts is a mouthwatering side dish that will add a burst of color and flavor to your meal. With the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors, this dish is sure to impress your family and friends. The tender asparagus spears are sautéed to perfection and topped with dried cranberries and toasted pine nuts for added texture and taste. It's the perfect side dish for any occasion, whether it's a holiday dinner or a casual weekday meal. Plus, it's quick and easy to make, so you can enjoy it any time!
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim the tough ends off the asparagus spears.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus spears to the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the asparagus for about 5-7 minutes, or until tender but still crisp.
- Remove the asparagus from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the pine nuts to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Remove the pine nuts from the skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, soak the dried cranberries in warm water for a few minutes to rehydrate.
- Drain the cranberries and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- To serve, arrange the sautéed asparagus on a platter or individual plates.
- Sprinkle the cranberries and pine nuts over the asparagus.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Asparagus is a nutrient powerhouse, packed with vitamins A, C, and K, as well as folate, fiber, and antioxidants.
Cranberries are known for their high levels of vitamin C and antioxidants, which can help boost your immune system.
Pine nuts are a great source of healthy fats and protein, making them a nutritious addition to this dish.