Indulge in the whimsical world of crazy cake pops - a delightful treat that combines the richness of cake with the fun and convenience of a lollipop. These cake pops will surely impress your friends and family at parties or just as a sweet treat! With a preparation time of just 30 minutes, you can easily whip up a batch of these delightful cake pops and enjoy the craze that's taking over dessert tables everywhere.
- 1 box of cake mix (flavor of your choice)
- 1 can of frosting (flavor that complements the cake)
- 1 package of candy melts (color of your choice)
- Lollipop sticks
- Sprinkles, chocolate chips, or any other desired toppings
- Bake the cake according to the instructions on the box and let it cool completely.
- In a large bowl, crumble the cooled cake into fine crumbs using your hands or a fork.
- Add the frosting to the cake crumbs and mix thoroughly until well combined. The mixture should be sticky enough to hold its shape when formed into balls.
- Take a small portion of cake mixture and roll it between your palms to form a smooth ball. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Place the cake balls on a tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, melt the candy melts according to the instructions on the package.
- Once the cake balls are firm, dip the tip of a lollipop stick into the melted candy melts and insert it into a cake ball, about halfway through. Repeat with the remaining cake balls.
- Dip each cake pop into the melted candy, making sure to coat it completely. Allow any excess candy to drip off.
- While the candy coating is still wet, decorate the cake pops with sprinkles, chocolate chips, or any desired toppings.
- Place the decorated cake pops back onto the tray and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to allow the candy coating to harden.
- Serve the crazy cake pops on a decorative platter or individually wrapped in clear treat bags.
Cake pops were popularized by baker and author Angie Dudley, aka Bakerella, in 2008.
Cake pops became an instant hit due to their cute appearance and portability.
Cake pops are a great way to use leftover cake scraps and frosting.