This Hearty Garden Chicken and Rice recipe is a delicious and nourishing dish that combines tender chicken, flavorful vegetables, and fluffy rice. It is a perfect comfort food, packed with nutrition from fresh ingredients. This recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed by the whole family. It can be served as a main course or a side dish. Give it a try and savor the wholesome flavors of this mouthwatering dish.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion, carrots, celery, and bell peppers to the skillet. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the minced garlic, dried thyme, dried oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the chicken breasts to the other side. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes. Then, slice it into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Add the white rice to the boiling broth. Stir well, cover the pot, and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer the rice for about 15-20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the cooked chicken and sautéed vegetables to the pot. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover the pot and let it sit for a couple of minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot. Enjoy!
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken.
You can customize the vegetables in this dish based on your preferences and what you have on hand.
Adding a squeeze of lemon juice to the dish before serving adds a refreshing citrusy flavor.
This dish can be made in larger quantities and reheated for leftovers, making it a convenient option for meal prep.