This Sausage White Bean Soup is a warm and hearty dish that is perfect for chilly evenings. Made with flavorful Italian sausage, tender white beans, and a variety of vegetables, this soup is a satisfying meal on its own. With a cooking time of just 40 minutes, you can have a delicious homemade soup on the table in no time. Serve with crusty bread or a side salad for a complete and comforting dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the Italian sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through.
- Remove the sausage from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion, carrots, celery, and minced garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked sausage back to the pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth, drained white beans, diced tomatoes, dried thyme, and dried rosemary.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and let it cook for 20-25 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
White beans are a great source of fiber and protein, making this soup a nutritious choice.
You can customize this soup by adding other vegetables like spinach or kale.
This soup can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, making it a convenient option for meal prepping.