These whole wheat oat waffles are a nutritious and tasty way to kickstart your day. Packed with fiber and protein from the whole wheat flour and oats, these waffles will keep you feeling satisfied and energized. They are easy to make and can be customized with your favorite toppings and additions. Enjoy them with fresh fruit, maple syrup, or a dollop of Greek yogurt for a breakfast that will keep you full until lunchtime.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Scoop a portion of the batter onto the preheated waffle iron and cook until golden brown and crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, ensuring the waffles are cooked through before removing them from the waffle iron.
- Serve the waffles immediately with your favorite toppings and enjoy!