Enjoy a creamy and flavorful homemade hummus with a twist of roasted garlic. This easy-to-make recipe is perfect as a dip or spread for sandwiches and wraps. The combination of chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and roasted garlic creates a rich and savory flavor that will impress your family and friends. Make this delicious hummus in just a few simple steps and add a touch of Mediterranean cuisine to your next gathering.
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Water, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut off the top of the garlic head to expose the cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the cloves are soft and golden brown.
- In a food processor, combine the roasted garlic cloves, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, and salt. Process until smooth.
- While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. If the hummus is too thick, add water, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt or lemon juice if needed.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with cumin for garnish.
- Serve immediately with pita bread, fresh vegetables, or use as a spread in sandwiches and wraps.