Enjoy the taste of fall with this delightful pumpkin mochi recipe. Soft and chewy, these sweet rice cakes filled with a warm pumpkin filling are a perfect treat for any occasion. This easy-to-make dessert is a delightful combination of traditional Japanese mochi and the seasonal flavors of pumpkin. Serve it as a festive dessert during the holidays or as a special treat for any time of the year. Get ready to impress your family and friends with this tasty and unique recipe!
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cornstarch for dusting
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together the glutinous rice flour, pumpkin puree, sugar, water, and vanilla extract.
- Microwave the mixture for 1 minute on high.
- Stir the mixture well, then microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Repeat this process of microwaving and stirring until the mixture becomes thick and sticky.
- Once the mixture has thickened, dust a clean surface with cornstarch.
- Transfer the mochi dough onto the dusted surface and knead it with cornstarch-covered hands until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into small portions and shape them into balls or squares.
- Dust each piece with cornstarch to prevent sticking.
- Serve the pumpkin mochi immediately or store it in an airtight container for later enjoyment.