Indulge in the irresistible combination of sweet maple syrup and crunchy pecans with this delicious Maple Pecan Brittle recipe. This easy-to-make treat is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and makes a great homemade gift for friends and family. The brittle is made by combining a caramelized maple syrup and sugar mixture with toasted pecans, resulting in a crunchy and nutty confection. Sprinkle with a touch of sea salt to enhance the flavors and enjoy a delightful treat that is perfect for any occasion.
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the maple syrup and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture reaches 300°F (hard crack stage) on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and immediately stir in the toasted pecans, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix well until the pecans are evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading it out with a spatula until it forms an even layer.
- Let the brittle cool completely at room temperature. Once cooled, break it into pieces.
- Store the maple pecan brittle in an airtight container or package it nicely for gifting.
Maple syrup is a natural sweetener made from the sap of maple trees. It adds a distinct flavor to this brittle recipe.
Brittle is a type of candy that is characterized by its hard and brittle texture, typically made with a caramelized sugar mixture and nuts.
Pecans are a type of nut that are native to North America and are commonly used in desserts and baking.
Sea salt enhances the flavors of the sweet maple syrup and adds a touch of savory contrast to the brittle.