Grandma Randolph's Noodles are a classic American comfort food dish. Made with simple ingredients, these homemade noodles are tender, flavorful, and perfect for any occasion. The recipe has been passed down through generations and is a staple in many American households. With a short preparation time, you can enjoy these delicious noodles in no time. Serve them as a side dish or as a main course with your favorite sauce or gravy. Whether it's a family gathering or a cozy night in, Grandma Randolph's Noodles are sure to satisfy your cravings.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Create a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk and water, and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the well of the flour mixture. Gradually incorporate the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Add more flour if needed to prevent sticking.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap or cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- After resting, divide the dough into two equal portions. Roll out each portion into a thin sheet, about 1/8-inch thick.
- Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the rolled-out dough into desired noodle shapes. You can make them thin or wide, depending on your preference.
- Once the noodles are cut, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the cooked noodles and serve immediately with your favorite sauce or gravy. Enjoy!