Enjoy this simple yet flavorful dish of green beans with toasted almonds. The crunch of the almonds complements the tender green beans perfectly. This side dish is quick and easy to make, and it pairs well with a variety of main courses. Whether you're serving it for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, these green beans with almonds are sure to impress!
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Trim the ends of the green beans and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the sliced almonds to the skillet and toast them until they are golden brown, stirring frequently. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the green beans to the skillet and season with salt and black pepper. Toss everything together to coat the green beans with butter and almonds.
- Cover the skillet and cook the green beans for 8-10 minutes, or until they are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and drizzle the lemon juice over the green beans. Toss again to combine.
- Transfer the green beans with almonds to a serving dish and garnish with additional sliced almonds, if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Green beans are a good source of vitamins A, C, and K.
Toasting the almonds enhances their nutty flavor.
This dish can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving.