This recipe for roasted potatoes, onions, and carrots with brown sugar and balsamic vinegar is a perfect side dish for any meal. The combination of the sweet brown sugar and the tangy balsamic vinegar creates a delicious glaze that coats the vegetables and enhances their natural flavors. The dish is easy to prepare and makes for a visually stunning and flavorful addition to your dinner table. It is a great way to enjoy the goodness of root vegetables in a simple yet flavorful way.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, and carrots.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss well to coat evenly.
- Transfer the coated vegetables to a large baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and golden brown, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve hot as a side dish for your favorite main course.
This recipe can be easily customized by adding other root vegetables such as parsnips or sweet potatoes.
The brown sugar and balsamic vinegar glaze caramelizes during roasting, creating a deliciously sticky and sweet coating on the vegetables.
Roasting the vegetables at a high temperature helps to bring out their natural sweetness and enhances their flavors.