- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Mix the cream mixture into the egg mixture until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into 6 (6-ounce) ramekins and place them in the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and place the lid on top.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Manual” and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the cook time has finished, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
- Carefully remove the ramekins from the Instant Pot and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each ramekin with the brown sugar and use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar and create a crunchy top.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Creme Brulee is a classic French dessert that is made up of a creamy custard base topped with a crunchy layer of caramelized sugar.
- The Instant Pot makes it easy to make this classic dessert in less than an hour.
- Creme Brulee is a great dessert to make ahead of time and serve at parties or special occasions.