This balsamic Brussels sprouts recipe is a perfect side dish for any meal. The Brussels sprouts are roasted to perfection and then drizzled with a flavorful balsamic reduction. With a combination of sweet, tangy, and savory flavors, this dish will be a hit with both kids and adults. It's also a great way to introduce Brussels sprouts to picky eaters, as the balsamic reduction adds a delicious twist to the vegetable. This recipe is quick and easy to make, taking just 30 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, prepare the balsamic reduction. In a small saucepan, combine the balsamic vinegar and honey. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the mixture has reduced by half and is syrupy.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts gently to coat them evenly with the balsamic reduction.
- Serve the balsamic Brussels sprouts immediately as a side dish or as a part of a main course.
Brussels sprouts are a member of the cabbage family and are packed with vitamins and minerals.
Balsamic vinegar adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the Brussels sprouts.
Roasting the Brussels sprouts brings out their natural sweetness and enhances their texture.