This homemade BBQ rub recipe by Ann is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavors that will take your barbecue to the next level. The combination of brown sugar, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and other spices creates a mouthwatering seasoning that adds depth and complexity to any meat. Use this rub on ribs, chicken, or even grilled vegetables for a flavorful and delicious dish. It's easy to make and guaranteed to impress your friends and family at your next BBQ.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Mix well until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Store the BBQ rub in an airtight container or a mason jar.
- To use the rub, generously coat your meat or vegetables with the mixture.
- Massage the rub into the meat, ensuring it is evenly applied.
- Allow the rub to marinate on the meat for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill the meat over medium heat until it reaches the desired doneness.
- Serve and enjoy!
This BBQ rub can be customized by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper for spicier or milder flavor.
You can make a large batch of this rub and store it in a cool, dark place for up to six months.
The combination of spices in this rub creates a delicious crust on the meat when grilled, adding a lovely texture and flavor.