This Easy Taco Casserole recipe is a convenient and hearty meal option that will satisfy your taco cravings. With layers of seasoned ground beef, tortilla chips, cheese, and vegetables, this casserole is packed with flavor and textures. It's a family-friendly dish that can be prepared in just a few simple steps, making it perfect for busy weeknights. Serve it with your favorite taco toppings for a complete and satisfying meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, guacamole
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Drain excess fat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet with the ground beef and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and water. Simmer for 5 minutes, until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Add the black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes and green chilies to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- In a greased 9x13-inch baking dish, spread half of the crushed tortilla chips evenly across the bottom.
- Pour half of the ground beef mixture over the tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar cheese over the ground beef layer.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining tortilla chips, ground beef mixture, and shredded cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with optional toppings like sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
Taco casserole is a popular dish in American cuisine, combining the flavors of tacos with the convenience of a casserole.
This recipe can be easily customized by adding your favorite taco toppings or adjusting the level of spiciness with additional seasonings.
Leftovers of this casserole can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheated for a quick and delicious meal.
You can also freeze this casserole in individual portions for future convenience.